Honey Hibiscus Lemonade



Watching this tea brew is rather pretty!


On a trip to the Dominican Republic I asked for iced tea.  I drank it though I could tell it was not the black ice tea I was use to but it was delicious so I kept ordering it.  Come to find out it was hibiscus tea.


Since then I've tried hibiscus teas yet none have tasted the same, lol.  So with the various tea bags in the cupboard it was time to find a use.  Along the way discovered there's lots of benefits from this pretty in pink tea!


Honey Hibiscus Lemonade 

- 4 cups filtered water 
- 3-4 hibiscus tea bags (Top picks FGO or Traditional Medicinals) 
- 2 lemons with the skin, pith, and seeds removed 
- Juice of 1 lemon 
- 1/3 cup honey 
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (needs to be a mineral rich salt!) I like Celtic Sea Salt
 

 
1. Make the tea: steep your hibiscus tea first so that it has time to cool. You can make with hot water and let it sit for 1hour or can make it with cold water in the fridge overnight. 

2. Blend everything: to a blender add the lemons with the skin, pith, and seeds removed, the hibiscus tea, honey, salt, and juice of 1 lemon. Blend for 30 seconds or until fully mixed. 

3. Serve: pour over glasses filled with ice and top with extra slices of lemon for garnish. Enjoy!!


Optional: there isn’t much pulp, but if you want it completely smooth you can run it through a strainer first.



Makes 4 servings, or 2 large weck jars 




Quick Video with more tips


Share a photo of your finished creation on social media using #CocktailDiet or tag me!

Or pass this blog post along to a friend or share to Facebook! Just look for this icon at the top or bottom of this post. 


Browse the rest of the Blog: Click HERE


❤️  April402-204-8070 call/textAprilCarnahan.info  



Comments