GF Chicken Noodle Soup


Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup


As you read through this recipe you will see I don't have exact measurements, that's how I cook most times.  We've tried to make so many versions of chicken noodle soup or chicken and noodles over the years with very little success.

After we ate this we decided it was the best we had made so far so I was trying to write down what I did to create it.


I had been at Costco and grabbed the rotisserie chicken with no real plan so it was already shredded.  We cut it up in to more bite size pieces that filled up a plate, lets say about half of the chicken which came off. 


Also cut up about 5 carrots and 2 celery stalks (individual stalks).  

I started to layer the ingredients in the crockpot.  On the bottom places a spoon full of minced garlic.  Then carrots, celery, and chicken.  After that first layer I added a couple dashes of ground mustard.  I warmed up a dash of oregano in the palm of my hands, tossed it in.  Then did the same with some parsley.  Gave a few shakes of salt and pepper, along with onion powder.

I repeated this till all ingredients were used up.  Number of layers will vary depending on size of our crockpot.  Finally poured in one box of the Kitchen Basics Chicken stock.

The crockpot was set to High and stewed for a total of about 5 hours.

I did not add the Trader Joe's noodles until the last hour of cooking time. 


After taking our servings out to eat I noticed we did need more liquid.  So added about 3 cups of water to have more soup like left overs.  I had made this in a smaller crockpot so I didn't initially have a ton of room for adding additional liquid.

And if you need a little dessert I found these cookies at Trader Joe's.  A nice crispy, buttery cookie which reminds me of Tate's if you've ever enjoyed those before.




If you have a Costco near you, I shared some of my favorites in a previous blog.  Go check it out here!



Share a photo of your finished creation on social media using #CocktailDiet


Or pass this blog post along to a friend or share to Facebook or Pinterest! Just look for this icon at the top or bottom of this post.



Stay In Touch


Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, click here & receive a free pdf download guide.



You can follow my shenanigans on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and be sure to subscribe to this blog.


Here are ALL my links -
Subscribe to this blog, look for link at the top!
Facebook Page: Click HERE
Instagram: Click HERE
All the Things site: Click HERE <---be sure to bookmark




FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ME ON FACEBOOK OR SUBMIT THIS QUICK FORM.


Comments