GF Costco Finds part 1

I will be sharing some products I grab at Costco which are gluten free.  Now I am not by anyway being reimbursed or sponsored to share these.  Having to go gluten free (GF) is no easy task plus it can be very expensive because you just don't know what you are getting when you buy a GF product.  I've wasted a lot of money trying products and then also found some great products from recommendations.

Disclaimer I have not tested positive for Celiacs so if you have please take what I'm sharing with a grain of salt.  However I have noticed I'm better off when I eat products which have been certified gluten free.  Beware because many products like to use the word gluten free yet their manufacturing facility may not be gluten free.  I've also heard that gluten can stay airborne for like 24-48 hours I believe, don't quote me as I haven't found good evidence on that yet.  

This chart was eye opening for me when I switched.



Let's get started!  I labeled this part 1 as you know Costco changes and so this is what I have on hand currently to share with you.


Namaste Gluten Free Perfect Flour Blend - Baking with GF flour is not easy however we have found this one works well.  Prices I'm sure vary but this runs about $9 and for 5 lbs that's a good deal.  We do like King Arthur GF Baking Mix too however it does cost more.


Something I really miss is crackers!  I will continue to search however these do remind me of a pita chip or baked cracker.  Overall not bad.


This is one of my favorite GF finds!  Can eat them and not feel or taste like you are eating GF.  The flavor reminds me of no baked cookies from growing up.  

Tip:  If you are new to a GF lifestyle then be aware that Oats are gluten free however many on the market are not gluten free due to how they are processed, so please use caution.


I was so worried about not being able to have a good chicken noodle soup for when I'm sick.  Chatting with my sister she mentioned ramen and I recalled seeing these.  So grabbed them and ta da!  Plus we've used them as a noodle for spaghetti too.  I'd say a very versatile noodle here!


Beef jerky makes the list because one of my big struggles is finding gluten free options while traveling whether that's across the state or across the country.  So I've learned to pack snacks and I'm one who needs protein.  Costco offers this brand in these nice travel size packets, unfortunately at the time of this blog I don't recall how many packets came inside the larger bag.


Another item that's easy to travel with are Kind bars.  This is another product which comes individually wrapped in a bigger box.  Of course, I don't recall how many were in a box either, lol.


As I mentioned the Ramen above, you might need some broth or stock to go with it.  I grabbed these since they are shelf stable and would work well for individual servings.  Only downside because I didn't pay attention before buying is that there is some rosemary which isn't my favorite.  However I will survive, lol!


Yet another cracker I've tried and not a favorite.  However I have bought these twice now because cracker choices that are even close are few and far between.  These do work well with meet and cheese.


Chia seeds because I love to make protein balls or energy bites or whatever you call them.  I've shared my recipe in a previous blog post.


Brazi Bites took me awhile to buy.  The price is more affordable at Costco yet without knowing what you are getting can seem high.  What I love is that they go in the freezer and place in the oven to bake.  When you open the package they do look small yet I feel you only need 2-3 person at a meal.  I thought they would be more of a bread, they aren't.  Yet if you love cheese they are a great treat or side.


We live in the country and have our own chickens so breakfast is very common in our house, even breakfast for dinner.  So what goes with that sausage!  We have tried Jones patties as pictured here and also their pork links.  Both are good, I don't know why but I'm more of a link girl and my husband likes the patties better, lol.  I believe I've seen chicken links as well but just haven't tried them.


These Texas Tamales definitely surprised me with how good they are!  I would not say they are super spicy but they do have spice just depends on your tolerance level.  I've eaten a lot of tamales over the years and most the time they aren't good.  Texture, consistency, and flavor all play a role when trying a tamale for me.  I've got to say they nailed it!  And even more surprising is that you can take them from the freezer, cook in microwave and they are good!


A tough topic when you are gluten free is baked goods, that including bread.  I just recently tried this Franz Seven Grain bread and something most noticeable is how soft it is.  Even after toasting the bread it's soft.  Now like most gluten free bread the size per slice is smaller.  The loaves we have with this brand is also strangely shaped but to me that's not that big of a deal.





Stay In Touch


If you found this helpful, scroll back up to the top and Subscribe to the blog.
Follow me on Facebook or Instagram or Pinterest.
Leave any questions or comments below.  





Comments