Protein Energy Bites

So what do you call them...
Protein Balls
Oatmeal Balls
Energy Bites
...or something else?

The recipe I'm sharing below is one I've been enjoying for over 5 years.  However I know there are so many other versions out there as well.

Recipe
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup old-fashioned/quick oats (I use half cup each)
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup flaxseed (some use ground)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use 1 hershey bar chopped)
 
Optional
walnuts (chopped)
craisins (chopped)
chia seeds
 
Mix all ingredients together.  Scoop onto cookie sheet (I use a cookie scoop).  Refrigerate.  Then put in container back into refrigerator.
 
 
TIP:  I've been using Bob's Red Mill oats since those are the easiest Gluten Free options to grab.  I put 1 c and the hershey bar in the food processor to chop it all up.
 
TIP:  I typically put in 2 tbsp of Chia Seeds.
 
 
 
{I had a picture to share but to technologically challenged to get it added} LOL!
 
 
 


Interested in learning more  about gluten free living?  

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ME ON FACEBOOK OR SUBMIT THIS QUICK FORM.


Comments