4 Easy DIY Essential Oil Recipes

We will cover these four easy DIY essential oil recipes

  1. Fizzy Bath Bombs
  2. Cleaning Wipes
  3. Dryer Sheets
  4. Hand Sanitizer







Fizzy Bath Bombs

You will be amazed at how fun & easy it is to make your own that you won't need to buy overpriced bath bombs anymore!  Plus you can use your favorite essential oil to fit your needs.



The most affordable option for Citric Acid tends to be to order it from Amazon.  You can find it in the Canning aisle of many stores yet it's not economical if you want to make many bath bombs.

When it comes to choice of oils fractionated coconut oil is best from what I've found.  Olive oil and grape seed oil do tend to make them more oily which is good if you have really dry skin.

For molds I definitely recommend cupcake pans, this recipe can make 6 regular sized cupcake sized bath bombs.  Now if you don't take a lot of baths an ice cube tray works wonderfully as you can use them as a shower fizz and still reap the aromatherapy benefits of the essential oils you use.

Getting the right consistency is key!  I love making these and those who make them in my workshops have so much fun and then tell me later on how much they love the bath bombs so if you have any questions please reach out.

Recipe doesn't call for any dye because it's very hard to find a safe dye at an affordable price.  I have used toxin free eyeshadow to give them a light shade of color.  The other downside to using dye is the residue it can leave behind in the tub.

So to make them fun and pretty we use some organic dried flowers.  They can be mixed in before putting them in the form or pressed on top once in the form.



Why make your own Bath Bombs?  Those bought in stores generally have questionable ingredients.  Most worrisome for any age is "fragrance" as we will never know what is in there.  Read more about other ingredients to avoid in this article.  Not yet aware of the impact ingredients have on us?  I shared more about that in this previous blog post.

Depending on the time of year I could even provide you with a Bath Bomb kit.  Watch to see how you can get all that you need to make them.  Contact me to see if I have some available.





DIY Clean Wipes

I found myself using a lot of cleaning wipes over the years.  Then a friend shared how the label says don't come in contact with skin and if so to wash immediately.  Yikes!  That lead to me being mindful and washing my hands afterwards.

Then things changed when I learned how to make these wipes.  Best part is they smell amazing not just while you make them but as you use them.


A couple notes I've learned over the years from making these.  If you do not want to cut the paper towel roll in half because that's the most tedious thing of the whole recipe.  I found an OXO food storage container that fits a full roll of Costco brand paper towels.  However doing it that way I do have to double this recipe.

Here's a quick video of me making them with the full roll.




This wipes work all around the house from the kitchen, to the bathroom, to cleaning glass.  The recipe says no citrus because citrus essential oils shouldn't be used on granite & other natural stones.  If you don't have those surfaces in your home then you certainly could use citrus essential oils.



Can't wait to hear how you use them and what new uses you find!




Dryer Sheets

I haven't been able to use dryer sheets because they irritated my skin and the scent would give me headaches.  However I know some love their dryer sheets.  A little found for thought, they recommend using dryer sheets in spots you think mice might enter your home as a deterrent because the smell is to overwhelming for them.  Yikes!

Then there are a variety of other reasons, some were shared in this blog post.  If you do much research on them you'll find many say they can be one of the most toxin items in your house.

Luckily there are a few options to still keep your clothes soft and smelling good.  The first and most simple way, replace liquid fabric softener with distilled white vinegar.  Yap, that's it!  I was surprised when a friend shared she had been using it for years.  I've given it a try too!   No your clothes don't come out smelling like vinegar, lol. 

And now for the DIY dryer sheets.



Hand Sanitizer

Now this one you get a recipe & to laugh at me!  As you can tell it was filmed during the holidays.  Sometimes working from home can be a little dull so I entertain myself and you get some free laughs.

Most hand sanitizers on the market include a drying alcohol, so your hands then need some moisturizer.  Also, they are most likely killing all the bacteria on your hands.  Yet we want good bacteria to stay because over time the good can over take the bad for a much healthier microbiome. 

Check it out and let me know what you think!





Essential Oils


A few of the essential oils I used during these recipes were provided by Lemongrass Spa.  The oils are pure and either wildcrafted or USDA Certified Organic.  

Popular choices for bath bombs include Chill Zone, Balancing Act, Lavender, Detoxification, or Tension Away.

For the DIY Cleaning Wipes I love equal parts of Lavender, Eucalyptus, and Peppermint.

Dryer sheets favorite essential oils change by season from Lemon and Lavender.  You are only limited by your imagination on this one.

Essential oil for the Hand Sanitizer was Pure Air.  Also mentioned in the video clip is our very popular Balancing Act.







Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter, click here & receive a free pdf download guide.



Stay In Touch


If you found this helpful, scroll back up to the top and Subscribe to the blog.
Follow me on Facebook or Instagram.
Leave any questions or comments below.  
If you'd like to stay updated on essential oils and other natural living daily use products sign up for my  Newsletter here.







Comments